Improved Clean-in-Place Systems Utilizing Hydroheaters
What is a Clean-in-Place (CIP) Heater?
Clean-in-place (CIP) heaters help clean the interior surfaces of pipes, vessels, process equipment, filters, and associated fittings, without disassembly. This process provides an automated cleaning process that can save time, money & reduce the risk of improper reassembly. These clean-in-place heaters & systems have become popular in many industries requiring increased levels of hygiene & frequent internal cleanings. These CIP/COP direct steam injection heaters can be custom as inline heaters or external CIP heater skid systems.
Differences Between CIP vs. Clean-Out-of-Place (COP) & Sterilization-In-Place (SIP)
When referring to clean-in-place systems, you will also hear about two related terms to the process like COP & SIP. Clean-out-of-place (COP), compared to CIP, is a method of cleaning where the equipment is taken out of production and moved to a separate area to be cleaned. This was the main way closed systems were cleaned dating back to the late 1940s. Clean-out-of-place was quickly being replaced as it required more labor, was less safe for employees & far less productive.
Sterilization-In-Place (SIP) is also sometimes referred to as Steam-In-Place. This related process is an additional step in the clean-in-place process where equipment is further cleaned and sanitized without disassembly.
How Hydro-Thermal Can Improve Your Clean-In-Place Process
Proper cleaning and sanitation are important safety concerns for you and your customers. Hydro-Thermal’s solution allows you to clean equipment at the optimal temperature in one pass. If caustic or aseptic solutions are heated, then the Hydroheater can be manufactured using 316L material components. Whether you need to heat a tank or heat on the discharge to the exact temperature, the Industrial CIPHydroheater can meet your needs.
The Hydroheater can efficiently heat one to three CIP tank washing systems on demand, ensuring that you have unlimited hot water when you need it at exact temperatures. Additional CIP applications include tank and vessel spray balls, conveyors, sterilization, and hose stations. Have another Clean-in-Place (CIP) application that isn’t listed? Contact us today, and we will work with you to uncover any CIP system applications that your closed systems require.
Benefits of CIP/COP Heating
The CIP Hydroheater offers many benefits over heat exchangers and spargers. Using a Hydro-Thermal Hydroheater for your Clean-in-Place Systems will provide the following benefits:
- Accurate temperature control - Achieve +/- 1 degree temperature accuracy
- On-demand hot water – There is no longer a need to wait for the water to heat up to the right temperature. The Hydroheater provides nearly instantaneous heating during high water demand periods, such as during third shift cleaning.
- Low maintenance - Our CIP Heater self-cleaning design can dramatically reduce or even eliminate scaling and fouling despite hard water.
- Reduced energy costs – Achieve up to 30% energy savings over heat exchangers and spargers
- Small footprint – The Hydroheater is a quarter of the size of a heat exchanger
Proven CIP and COP Solutions
The Hydroheater is used for heating water for CIP & SIP systems around the globe. Below are links to three successful case studies with proven improvements to clean & sanitize-in-place processes. Learn how we helped different industries optimize their CIP processes below:
- Eliminating Steam Hammer in Brewery Clean in Place System
- Replacing Steam Sparger That Was Causing Damaging Vibrations in Ethanol Clean in Place System
- Replaced COP with CIP for Increased Ice Cream Production & Employee Safety
How to Improve CIP Processes for Tank Heating & Closed Systems?
Get in contact with us today to begin your process of improving your Clean-in-Place system. Our team of experts will help you every step of the way. From getting confirmation for system requirements to having a Hydro-Thermal team member visit your production floor. We will help your closed systems have improved efficiency & employee safety with a new Hydroheater.