Hydron™ Sanitary Hydroheater Applications & Benefits
How Does Our 3-A Certified Sanitary Hydroheater Work?
Hydro-Thermal’s Hydron Sanitary Hydroheater is a perfect fit for applications in the food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries. The Hydron is 3-A certified making it the heater of choice for processes that require fast and precise temperature control without any degradation in quality.
The Hydron Sanitary Hydroheater is a sophisticated heat transfer device capable of 100% heat transfer efficiency and precise temperature control. It employs a unique internal geometry to control the steam injection process. A variable area nozzle/stem plug is used to precisely regulate steam flow. The steam condenses and disperses into the liquid so quickly that hammering and vibration often experienced with less sophisticated heaters are virtually eliminated.
The high steam velocity turns it into a self-cleaning machine, ensuring that internal surfaces will not plug or foul regardless of the product being heated.
Hydron™ 400 Series Sanitary Hydroheater
The Hydron™ 400 Series is the most precise, accurate, and versatile Sanitary Hydroheater available. Its modular 3-A certified design delivers optimal process flexibility and stability in an easy to use and maintain package.
- Precise temperature control
- Fully heat to temperature in a single pass
- High energy efficiency
Automatically adjusting combining tube for shear and pressure control
- Improved process dependability adjustable to “sweet spot”
- Enhanced process flexibility and lower vibration
- Increased process flow and flow turndown
Easy to install and maintain
- Modular design allows rotation of various parts to be flexible for process installation requirements
- Fully CIP-able system in proper orientation or easily removed to COP
- Minimize/eliminate product burn-on with Air-gap nozzle
- Minimize/eliminate product build-up with self-cleaning fluid velocity
Process thick mashes at up to 35% dry solids
- Proven to be a more e ective starch converter increasing sugar yields
Total sanitary design
- 3-A certified
- Available in 316L or AL6XN
- Heater designed to ASME Section VIII
- Seals & Internals meet FDA & EU Regulation (EC) 1935/2004
Sanitary Hydroheaters are ideal for these applications:
- Starch cooking
- Tomato paste heating
- Baby food cooking
- Applesauce heating
- In-line cooking
- Soup-base cooking
- Adjunct mashes (Corn, Rice, Unmalted barley, etc.)
- Standard brewers malt mashes (Up to 35% dry solids)