Hydro-Thermal recently received the Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year (WIMOTY) Grand Award. This is the 29th year of the WIMOTY annual award program, which recognizes outstanding achievement in manufacturing. Hydro-Thermal won this award the first time in 2010, and was a finalist in 2015.
Hydro-Thermal competed in the medium sized business category (100-299 employees), which was also the most competitive category with a total of 10 finalist companies. Award criteria covers commitment to employees, effective research and development, commitment to quality, financial growth and stability, and commitment to community.
Here are a few highlights from Hydro-Thermal’s award application:
Commitment to Employees
- National job tenure average is 4.6 yrs. More than 50% of Hydro-Thermal staff have been here longer than that, with 1 of every 8 here for more than 15 years, and 5 here more than 25 years
Effective Research and Development
- In 2016 Hydro-Thermal filed three new patents, in addition to four patents pending, more than a dozen active patents registered in foreign countries, 40 process patents, and 60 offshoot patents
Commitment to Quality
- Hydro-Thermal recruits expert staff, and mutually shares information with more than two dozen external resources via our strategic research partnerships
Financial Growth and Stability
- More than doubled sales in the last 10 years, tripled manufacturing and office space within the last three years
Commitment to Community
- Numerous collaborations with the Waukesha County Business Alliance (WCBA), more than 10-year commitment to intern and apprentice programs
WIMOTY applications are categorized by number of employees and are judged by a panel of leaders in manufacturing, who are independent of the award program sponsors. This is Hydro-Thermal’s first year of competing in the medium-sized business (100+ employees) category. In 2010 Hydro-Thermal won this award in the small business category (less than 100 employees), and was a finalist in 2015.