What is Clean-in-Place (CIP)?
Clean-in-place (CIP) technology cleans the interior surfaces of pipes, vessels, process equipment, filters, and associated fittings without disassembly. This process provides an automated cleaning process that can save time and money, while reducing the risk of improper reassembly.
Clean-in-place systems have become popular in many industries that require increased levels of hygiene and frequent internal cleanings. Hydro-Thermal’s patented direct steam injection (DSI) solutions clean equipment at the optimal temperature in one pass, addressing any sanitation concerns you may have.
How Hydro-Thermal Can Improve Your Clean-In-Place Process
Whether it’s needed to heat a tank or heat the process discharge to an exact temperature, Hydro-Thermal’s EZ Heater is the best option for water heating. By providing unlimited hot water at specific flow rates and temperatures, the EZ Heater helps optimize sanitation and wash-down conditions.
The EZ Heater can efficiently heat between 1-3 CIP tank washing systems on demand, ensuring that you have unlimited hot water at exact temperatures when you need it. Additional CIP applications that the EZ Heater can help optimize conveyors, hose stations, sterilization, tank and vessel spray balls, and more.
EZ Heater / DSI Technology Benefits:
- Unlimited hot water at exact temperatures and required flow rates - never run out of hot water, even during peak usage
- Exceptional energy savings (28%+) compared to heat exchangers, and DSI produces an ROI of less than one year
- Small footprint eliminates the need for a storage tank – hot water is sent directly from the EZ Heater system to multiple hose stations
- Accurate and safe temperature control of hot water from a single location – for effective plant wash down with steam safety features integrated directly into the system
Benefits of an EZ Heater instead of a Heat Exchanger or Sparger
Our EZ Heater offers many advantages over overheat exchangers and spargers. Using a Hydro-Thermal DSI heater for your CIP needs will provide the following benefits:
- Elimination of fouling, maintenance, and scaling – Sanitation is optimized by its patented self-cleaning design
- Accurate temperature control - Achieve +/- 1-degree temperature accuracy
- On-demand hot water – No more waiting for hot water during high-demand periods (such as third-shift cleaning)
- Low maintenance - The EZ Heater’s self-cleaning design dramatically reduces - and even eliminates - scaling and fouling, despite hard water
- Reduced energy costs – Achieve up to 30% energy savings over inferior heating technology
- Small footprint – The EZ Heater is a quarter of the size of a heat exchanger
Proven Hydro-Thermal CIP Solutions
Hydro-Thermal’s DSI technology optimizes CIP systems all around the globe. Below are links to case studies with our integrated DSI technology incorporated into their CIP processes. Learn how we helped different industries optimize their CIP processes below:
Replacing Steam Sparger That Was Causing Damaging Vibrations in Ethanol Clean in Place System
Replaced COP with CIP for Increased Ice Cream Production and Employee Safety
Our industry leading DSI technology is suited to optimize any CIP needs through precise temperature control, energy efficiency, and reduced maintenance costs/time. Hydro-Thermal is the standard indirect steam injection – let our products show you how.