Green Liquor – Slaker Heating
Green liquor is part of the Kraft pulping recovery process. Pulp producers have several technology options when determining how they want to heat their green liquor: A Hydro-Thermal Industrial Hydroheater, sparging, a shell and tube heat exchanger, or doing nothing at all. If a producer chooses to not heat their green liquor, then they are most likely experiencing uncontrolled temperature or their liquor may already be too hot for the slaker.
The Hydro-Thermal Industrial Hydroheater is the preferred technology for many pulp processors because it has several key benefits:
- Precise temperature control to the slaker
- Improves slaker/causticizer efficiency
- Efficient lime use resulting in an improved conversionrate
- Reduces dusting at the lime kiln
- The heating is done in-line just prior to the slaker which heats 100% of process flow.